Forex VPS Comparison: How to Choose the Best Offer
A virtual private server (VPS) can be useful if you’re trading Forex and are in search of a reliable server for automated trading. A high-quality VPS solution will offer you a number of specific advantages in terms of flexible resources, stability, security, and speed. Here are some features to look for…
- Multiple datacenters or a datacenter near your geographic location. This increases the speed with which your orders are executed, which is one of the major advantages of using VPS for Forex. This is a means of reducing your exposure to slippage, and is especially helpful if you are trading during high-volume times.
- Security and maintenance. This may include features like firewalls, but also 24/7 monitoring to ensure constant uptime. Maintenance is a plus, but you want it to be on a schedule so that there are no unexpected interruptions.
- Useful software pre-installed, or the capability to install trading applications as you see fit. This includes your trading platform, charting software, and any automated applications you’re running to signal you or place orders for you.
- Free trading tools such as expert advisors which can help you to improve your trading returns.
- Great customer service. 24/7/365 is best, and optimally you should be able to use the phone, live chat or email to get hold of someone should you need it. After all, it’s your money you’re investing, and issues which are not resolved in a timely fashion can cost you.
With a VPS, your automated trading can run even if you lose power or you’re sleeping. Some features that may be important to website owners shopping around for a VPS may be less significant to you as a trader. Here are more reasons why you should use VPS for Forex trading. You don’t need a huge amount of disk space, for example, but you want a system with good RAM and transfer allowance. And of course, you want a good price value. Here is a cross-comparison of three popular Forex VPS hosting services.
CommercialNetworkServices (CNS) is a VPS company with services specifically tailored for traders. Benefits include your choice of datacenter in San Diego, NYC, or London; this increases the speed with which your orders are delivered and reduces your exposure to slippage. CNS Autoboot 3.0 keeps your trading applications online when your PC is off or your power goes out. Advanced security features include dual firewalls, two-factor authentication, packet inspection, 24/7 monitoring, and more. Customer support is available 24/7/365.
Plans start at $47.80 per month, though some traders qualify for discounted or free VPS services if they are trading with partnered brokers. The price may be a little high for some traders. The VPS runs on Windows only and uses Hyper-V. As a disadvantage, there are no free expert advisors.
Forex EA VPS
Forex EA VPS runs using Windows Hyper-V as well, and comes with MetaTrader preinstalled. Security includes firewall and monitoring, and a guarantee that there will be no reboots during weekdays. There is less information available on the website for Forex EA VPS than there is for CommercialNetworkServices, but both companies offer 24/7/365 support.
There is no indication of multiple datacenters, which may affect slippage depending on where you’re located. You probably want to check the datacenter’s location before you sign up. While this could be a drawback, there are special advantages with Forex EA VPS in the form of free expert advisors and the company’s partnership with RoboFX. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee, and plans start out at $23.00 per month.
SWVPS.com doesn’t offer services specifically designed with traders in mind, but they are still a popular choice for cheap Forex VPS. Their prices are one of their major advantages; their basic Linux plans start at $9.95 per month, and their Windows plans begin at $18.00 per month. There’s a 15-day money-back guarantee. Live chat and email ticketing are both provided as well as support forums, though no phone number to call for assistance.
Another drawback is that you’ll need to install everything on your system to get set up for Forex trading yourself since the company’s services are more generic. Hopefully by now you know what you’re doing well enough to do that anyway, though, so it’s not too big a drawback, particularly in light of the great prices.
For traders who want something that is comprehensively Forex oriented, CommercialNetworkServices is probably the most advanced solution out of these three, though it comes at a premium rate.
SWVPS.com offers the lowest prices, but also the most minimal support and no specific Forex oriented features.
The middle ground is probably Forex EA VPS, which is slightly more expensive but includes more features; its only major drawback is, potentially, the lack of multiple datacenters. Check them all out yourself and ask customer service any questions you have before you make your choice.
You can read the reviews about those 3 VPS providers along with more than 20 other Forex VPS hosting services here: https://www.earnforex.com/forex-vps-hosting/.